The trend for outdoor entertaining and relaxation has made outdoor decking more popular than ever before, and homeowners everywhere are looking at ways to make a deck area work in their garden, patio or home. Envirodeck composite wood boards are ideal when it comes to areas that experience frequent contact with water, due to its highly water-resistant properties. Envirodeck boards offer both a hollow and solid profile for varied applications. Composite wood is used for areas such as swimming pools, sunrooms, verandas, raised decks, balconies, gazebos and more. Envirodeck composite wood decks offer the perfect choice for outdoor decking, with the reliability and confidence of a 10 year manufacturer guarantee.
These days, there are a number of options to consider for outdoor decking – both in structure and materials. Unlike traditional decks that were only available in wood, the new generation of deck types include composite materials that are not only eco-friendly, but easier to install and clean, too.
What makes outdoor decking a good choice for your home and garden? Keep reading to find out.
Why Should You Consider Envirodeck For Your Outdoor Decking?
If you like to entertain, have kids and pets that tend to bring in all sorts of mess when they’re outside, spend a lot of time outdoors, have a swimming pool or simply want a practical way to create a seating area in your garden, it is worthwhile considering installing a composite wood deck.
There are many benefits to wood composite decking. Low maintenance, non-slip, durable and versatile, this option also gives you a more sustainable eco-friendly solution to your decking needs. Some of the benefits of composite decking include the following:
1. Enjoy more time outdoors. This sounds rather obvious, but having a designated space to have coffee, sundowners, al fresco lunches or to just sit with a good book and a comfortable chair will make you appreciate being outdoors far more than you could realise. If your current garden or space is not really suitable for relaxing, you probably don’t spend that much time outside, but having a peaceful space to take in some fresh air, greenery and tranquillity, will help you de-stress and unwind at every chance you get.
2. Easy installation and setup. Believe it or not, composite decking is much easier to install than regular deck planks, and it can even be done by yourself with just a bit of basic DIY knowledge. Even in the smallest space. That means you can get started quickly and simply, with your very own outdoor space setup in a fraction of the time it would take you to install a wooden deck. For those with less DIY experience, finding a professional installer can be done through a supplier in no time at all.
3. No mess, no fuss. Having a deck set up in a pool area reduces mess, which makes it far simpler when children are involved. In homes that are often busy, with lots of friends and family walking in and out of the house, a pool deck means less chance of debris and dirt that is typically found in between bricks or on lawns and soil. Envirodeck composite wood decks are also easy to clean and do not have the risk of rotting, as wood can do when it gets wet.
4. Safe and durable. Many traditional decks that are made from wood are subject to wear and tear over the years. Splinters, worn nails that suddenly appear, broken planks, worn structure and other potential issues can arise, along with termite damage, water damage from rain and even erosion in the case of homes situated in coastal areas. As new age decking material is made from natural materials that have been mixed with recycled plastics, the result is a safer, far longer-lasting outdoor structure.
5. Easier on the environment. When it comes to choosing wood versus composite, the latter wins hands down. This material is typically made from recycled materials, which means that it has as little impact on the environment as possible. No toxic chemicals are used in production, which means that you can enjoy the benefits of a deck without worrying about the effect is has on the environment.
Now that you know more about getting started with this option, give us a shout today to find out how we can assist with your outdoor decking needs.